Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finallly...

Wow how time gets away from me with 2 kiddo's to look after. It is so much fun to have 2 little boys!!! We are loving it. Dawson is such a good baby.. yes he is only 3 weeks but he is such a calm, go with the flow baby.
I posted a ton of pictures of right after he was born, the weeks after, and the photo shoot we just had.
And for the story of his birth... I started getting contractions late Monday night, so I went to bed. I slept quite well until about 5:30 a.m. and then they started to come every 10-12 minutes, but they weren't too strong just yet. So at 7:30 a.m. I told Mike to go ahead and go to work ( my mom had come to stay that week so that's why he was able to go into work). For the rest of the morning they progressively got stronger but the whole time I am thinking well I will go to the hospital when my water breaks (it broke with Brixton so I thought it would do the same with Dawson). Well about 11 a.m. I called Mike and told him to come home about noon, they were about 8-10 minutes apart then. About noon he got home and they were getting pretty strong and about 5 -8 minutes apart. We left for the hospital and got there just before 1 p.m. By the time we got to the hospital they were just a couple of minutes apart. The nurse checked me and I was a 7!! And Dawson was born at 2:15 p.m. Just over an hour after we got there. I was so relieved we made it and we didn't have a home delivery!! It was great to labor mostly at home though. And it was great to have him come so fast and easily.











































14 comments:

Kim said...

Adorable! Cute pictures of all of you. Can't wait to meet him in person sometime, maybe around Christmas. ;)

Anne said...

Yeah Holly! He is so cute. LOVE the photo shoot. And Brixton is a babe! :)

inkley boys said...

your photos are so beautiful! what a darling family. I miss seeing you but then again I havn't been there and am going out of town so it will be two more weeks till I get back! I love love love the photos!!!!!1

Josh and Alayna said...

Yay! He is so cute, I love all the closeups. You guys all look great. I bet Brixton is a awesome big brother. I can't wait t see him and Dawson. I hope you are feeling good and I am glad you had such a great delivery.

allison said...

Man, I am loving those pictures! What a beautiful family you have, I want to meet sweet little Dawson SO BAD!!! Any plans to go to Lyman? Let me know!

Maria said...

These pictures are adorable! I can't believe how tiny Dawson is. . . and when Brixton is holding him, it makes Brixton look all grown up!

WIKKY said...

such gorgeous pics!! I am so glad that he is an easy baby (so far!!!) Enjoy him. Isn't it crazy how Brixton seems soooo big now??? Congrats you two!!!

JoshandMegs said...

That is wonderful Holly! Congratulations. I hope all is going well. Love the pictures.
Did you get my email by the way, with my million questions?

The Shields Family said...

Love your family pictures!! Adorable! Congrats on the cute little guy!

Shauna B. said...

Cute pics. I love them!

Perry's said...

I feel so lucky I got to meet him in person! He is so dang cute and you have the most beautiful family. Love all the pics. Thanks again for all your help. Good to see you even if it was short

My Bright Ideas!!! said...

Mike & Holly! What a beautiful family! I can't believe how much Braxton has grown and changed from a baby to a little boy! So amazing! Fun pictures and I love your new house! Fun to see you guys again! Holly did you have an epidurl with the contractions so close together? You are amazing! We miss you guys!
Gretchen & Josh Hawkins

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

I LOVE the pictures!! Each one is so dang cute! What a cute family!

Kim said...

Your family is absolutely ADORABLE!! How fun, hope you are enjoying every second of it!
Just a reminder, I will be going private at the end of March, I would love to have you along for the ride! If you want, leave me your email address and I'll include you in my invite list!
kkmanor@hotmail.com