Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summa Time..

I can't believe this summer is practically over! So sad. This summer consisted of a lot of swimming, swimming lessons, races, Bear Lake, and Lyman.


B loved swimming this summer!



He turned into quite a little fish thanks to swimming lessons.




We love Bear Lake and this summer we went quite a few times.

Mike and Brixton enjoying a little horse ride.



Sweet Dawson is now 7 months and such a happy guy. We dragged him everywhere this summer and was such a good baby through it all. He is trying to crawl and says da da constantly.




After running the Provo Trail 1/2 on August 7.




My grandpa passed away August 9Th. We found out he had cancer about 3 weeks before he passed. He was such a great man and taught me so much about hard work and integrity. I had the privilege to work with him when for a few summers in my teens and I am so grateful for that! I will never forget those great times I had with him. He was such an amazing dad and grandpa! He will be greatly missed!!

My most recent photo of my gramps, at Dawson's blessing.

Brix playing with his remote control boat at Bear Lake.


We are sad that summer is coming to a close but way excited about the fall. Brix starts preschool in 2 weeks (can't believe it!). And Utah Football Season starts in one week (Mike can hardly contain himself:).


6 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa Holly. It's tough when it's so sudden and surprising. I hope your grandma is doing well.
We're going to Bear Lake in a couple weeks but have NO IDEA where we should stay. We want to camp. Any suggestions? I've been told the South, so I know I want to go there, I just don't know what beach is the best.
Oh, and let's get together.

The Shields Family said...

Holly, Sorry to hear about your grandpa. He was a great man and always had a joke to make you smile! Looks like you've had a fun and busy summer.

allison said...

I remember playing some sort of card game with your Grandpa at his house, and he kept making me laugh so hard. He was a good man. I can't believe how much Dawson looks like Brixton. Cute cute boys. They grow up way to fast though.

Abi said...

Such a fun summer. And you guys are the best. We sure love you! And can you believe that school is starting. WOO!

Josh and Alayna said...

I can't believe Dawson is so big! HE is so cute, and so is Brixton. Swimming looks like a lot of fun. I hope you and all of your fam is doing okay, I love you guys! We really need to see eachother.

Emily said...

Holl, So sorry about your Grandpa! We are right there with you this summer. What great men we had for grandpas and they will always be so special to us! Love you! Are you going home for Labor Day weekend? I will be there Saturday and Sunday!